August 12, 2013

Raspberry, Pistachio, and Vanilla Semifreddo

My latest video was supposed to spotlight raspberries.


But cream is such a hog for fame and glory and that it had to get in on the action.


Oh cream, you will always have my heart, even though you can be very vain and selfish. Here's the video, CO-starring raspberries and cream (pistachio and vanilla have supporting roles):


I am going to keep this one short and sweet other than to say this: semifreddos are my new summer obsession. I love them because you don't need an ice cream maker to make them. I love that you slice them like a piece of cake. I love that they contain an ungodly amount of cream. Last night, I devoured a rhubarb semifreddo at a local restaurant. It was divine (of course) and inspiring. I look forward to a lifetime of making every imaginable semifreddo flavour I can think of.

Now, if this Bon Appétit-inspired 3-tiered delight seems a little too daunting and time-consuming, I've provided a simplified variation of the recipe where you don't make the 3 separate layers. It's so easy to make and every bit as delicious, so please don't be swayed from making this dessert. Here's what the quick version looks like:



Here's where you can find both versions of my raspberry, pistachio, vanilla semifreddo recipe.
And here's my coconut rose petal semifreddo recipe.

Now dear beloved reader, go forth and make semifreddo.



3 comments:

  1. The first photo with the stained thumbs needs to be framed and sold. Stunning. I am your number one fan. You know that, don't you.
    Sure hope you get your post in for The Canadian Food Experience Project this month. I have been missing you.

    :)
    V

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just saw this video on the PBS app on Apple TV. So beautiful! I've been inspired to make a coconut milk semifreddo tomorrow with some fresh spring berries!

    ReplyDelete